|Location||Kapolei (Oahu), HI|
We are looking for a Groundskeeper/Landscaper for our 520 unit Kalaeloa Rental Homes. Specifically Kalaeloa comprised of 3 sub-communities named Makai, Mahana, and Kaimana. These communities are located in Kapolei, Hawaii’s fastest growing region and Kalaeloa, is West Oahu’s most unique rental home community offering up to 4 bedroom homes with private yards and a garage or carport.
In brief summary, we are looking for a Groundskeeper/Landscaper with a great attitude and willingness to be a supportive team member. The Groundskeeper is responsible for maintaining curb appeal through careful upkeep of the outside of the property. Landscaping is a key aspect of this position. In addition, the Porter is responsible for maintaining all exterior and interior areas of the community, including maintaining all common are lawns, landscape flower beds, stairwells, sidewalks, dumpster areas and parking lots, keeping them in a clean and litter free condition. The Groundskeeper is expected to take pride and ownership in their role and property and place resident relations as a priority. Successful applicants will have great attention to detail, be self‐motivated, and have a strong work ethic.
All team members at Carmel Partners, Inc. are expected to act as compelling representatives of the Company and champions of our Mission & Values.
JOB DESCRIPTION: PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Patrols grounds daily for removal of litter and clean entryways and stairwells, paying special attention to , areas in front of leasing office, models, and mail areas
- Sweeps and blows off all sidewalks, walkways, parking areas, garages and dumpster areas using a leaf blower, or power washer
- Makes exterior community repairs as directed by Maintenance Supervisor
- Maintains a clean BBQ and Gazebo area
- Responsible for exterior appearance of buildings, reporting any broken/missing lights or other issues to Maintenance staff
- Responsible for everyday Maintenance and landscape of flower beds, rock beds, bushes, trees and shrubs
- Responsible for maintenance and upkeep of irrigation systems
- Performs “trash-out” duties in vacated apartments as requested. Removes all abandoned furniture, trash, boxes. Transfers to dumpster or storage area, whichever is applicable
- Clean gutters on roof from debris.
- Empties pet stations
- Maintains dumpster areas clear from overflowing or surrounding debris
- Spiffs vacant long standing units and property signage
- Other tasks as requested by management
Candidates for this Position should hold the following qualifications and be able to demonstrate the following abilities to be considered as a suitable applicant. Please note that except where specified as “preferred,” all points listed below are considered minimum requirements.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Proven experience or training in aspects of job requirements
- Experience in operating a riding lawn mower and operating other landscape tools and equipment
- Experience handling leaf blowers and other landscaping equipment safely a plus
- Knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use of various hand tools
- Ability to handle a physically demanding and heavy work load well
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, customer service oriented environment
- Ability to accept direction and be part of a team
- Ability to communicate respectfully with all residents
- Ability to learn and comply with all safety rules, including wearing of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as necessary
WORKING CONDITIONS (physical, vision, hearing, speaking, mental, driving requirements / work environment)
- Frequently exposed to extreme variation in temperature and/or humidity
- Frequent bending at the neck/waist, kneeling, and climbing
- Repetitive reaching above/below waist
- Constant oral communication with coworkers and residents
- Alternates frequently between walking and standing, with occasional sitting
- Occasionally drives company vehicles, with permission from Community Manager
- Frequently walks on uneven ground
- Frequently carries/lifts loads of 50+ lbs, occasionally carries/lifts loads of up to 150 lbs with assistance from coworkers
- Occasional exposure to paint fumes, solvents, adhesives, etc.